Crossroad Women and Family Services, Inc.
Post Office Box 2421, Kingston, NY 12402
SAVE Safe Schools Against Violence in Education
DETECT * REDUCE * DETER * REFER
What do the following 18 schools have in common?
1. Robb Elementary School, Uvalde, Texas
2. Oxford High School, Oxford Michigan
3. Santa Fe High School, Santa Fe, Texas
4. Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School, Parkland, Fl
5. Umpqua Community College, Roseburg, Ore
6. Santa Monica College, Santa Monica, CA
7. Marysville Pilchuck High School, Marysville, WA
8. Santa Monica College, Santa Monica, CA
9 Sandy Hook Elementary School, Newtown, CT
10. Oikos University, Oakland, CA
11. Northern Illinois University, Dekalb, Ill
12. Virginia Tech, Blacksburg VA
13. West Nickel Mines School, Nickel Mines, PA
14. Red Lake Senior High School, Red Lake, Minn.
15. Columbine High School, Littleton, Colo.
16. Westside Middle School, Jonesboro, Ark.
17. Lindhurst High School, Olivehurst, CA
18. University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa
19. Cleveland Elementary School, Stockton, CA
Each of these schools are symbolic of a public health crisis.
America's children and adults died in mass shootings in these educational institutions. Gun violence and mass school shootings are tragedies causing our nation deep sorrow and mourning.
"We will never forget".
We must honor their memories and become the change we need.
With over 20 years of teaching school-aged children in a variety of settings from Pre-K Early Childhood, Public, Private, and Christian,
to County, Catholic and Alternative Schools it's hard to look the other way as children face fear, anxiety, grief and uncertainty.
Since 2004 we've worked to help communities keep kids safe and advocate for their well-being. We are dedicated to helping our teachers, school staff, students, principals, parents, youth pastors and faith-based organization serve children and families. As adults the public health and safety of "ALL" our children must be all of our concern.
As an author, researcher, lecturer and trainer it's an honor to
meet so many AMAZING educators, professionals, artists,
actors, former law enforcement being the difference. We can each be part of the recovery, healing and transformational change needed in our homes, communities and schools. We must take action now.
Safe Schools Against Violence in Education (SAVE) legislation enacted in 2000 requires those seeking educational certification in
New York State to complete a 2-hour violence prevention training course. Since 2018 Crossroad Women and Family Services has served as an approved provider of the Safe Schools Against Violence in Education (SAVE) and successfully trained over 300 professionals.
Whether campus, family or community violence is traumatic for children and youth. They deserve to feel safe in school and parents need a peace of mind. Thank you for being the "CHANGE".
Contact us to REGISTER for one of the following classes.
DECEMBER TRAINING DATES:
Thursday, December 1, 2022
Thursday, December 15, 2022
Thursday, December 29,. 2022
Morning Session 8: 00 am - 10:00 am
Afternoon Session 12:00 pm - 2:00 pm